Thread: Mike and the employees of odes

Post Thanks / Like

Mike and the employees of odes

Just back home from the Dealer Expo. Met Mike & the folks from ODES. My impression is that they are on the right track of doing justifiable changes to the new 800 Dominator. Unlike some companies these guys are willing to listen to dealer imput and make changes as needed. Don't misunderstand me, they are not going to change every little issue that someone complains about. But they have received some very good imput and are willing to make the machine better without driving the cost up significantly. One idea Mike & I talked about was adding a cooling fan inside the engine compartment, which I felt was an extremely good idea. So my opinion is if ODES continues the route that they are on, they will definitely become a large player in the UTV market. Just my opinion...

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds great I would really like to add an Odes to my collection of toys one day.
    2011 Hisun 800 Snorkeled,Spectre air filter,Hard doors,aluminum roof,EJK Fuel controller,LC-1 Wide-band, 4 LED gauge cluster,26" Rip Saws,Pro wheels,Sway-bars removed,Wheel spacers,Rear cage/bumper/spare holder,Rear Radiator,full alum skids,Fender Flares,Fan under seat,Pillow block ft.drive shaft,Reverse limiter switch,quick batt.charging,Po-Tech's auto type Alt.system,CV Tech clutches,G-Force belt,425 progressive Shocks,HID's,Glove box. still adding & spending.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree completely!
    My feelings are why would someone purchase a 700 when you can purchase a 800 for about the same? The only drawback I can see for us is the larger stance of the machine may not work here on our trails as they have gates that the Hisun 800 just fits.
    But if that is not an issue it rocks! I just can't wait for the 4 seater to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Efi about time View Post
    Just back home from the Dealer Expo. Met Mike & the folks from ODES. My impression is that they are on the right track of doing justifiable changes to the new 800 Dominator. Unlike some companies these guys are willing to listen to dealer imput and make changes as needed. Don't misunderstand me, they are not going to change every little issue that someone complains about. But they have received some very good imput and are willing to make the machine better without driving the cost up significantly. One idea Mike & I talked about was adding a cooling fan inside the engine compartment, which I felt was an extremely good idea. So my opinion is if ODES continues the route that they are on, they will definitely become a large player in the UTV market. Just my opinion...

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Sponsored Dealer kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 seaters are out but from what i gathered they need to get the center console updated to the newer plastic. the new center console would not work in the 4 seater so it went back to the original.
    i had talked with mike 2 weeks ago and he had already mentioned the fan mod. said they seen a decrease in up to 50 degrees coming from the engine compartment. i just feel like i keep getting old machines when they keep making changes but i understand the reasoning. to be honest it sometimes makes me wish i would have waited. customers still love the machines they are getting but we need to get some consistency between years.

Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

Post Thanks / Like
    They mentioned the engine compartment fan to me also.
    I know what you mean about wanting to wait. But you are making sales of the Odes!!
    Keep it up!

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    well if they do add a fan they need to make it so you can add it to the older models if a customer would like,thats the only bad thing I see right now is adding accesseries and haveing to wait on them to come in had mine ordered since 1-13-12 and still haven't received it and they still cant tell me an exact date.(told me it was on the 3rd container now telling me its on the 4th. Well enough of that just had to vent a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was great meeting all you guys this past weekend. The things that we are adding will fit the ones that we currently have now so you can upgrade those parts if you like. We appreciate all the help that you all have given us. As for murphy the last container arrived last week a lot of the units are on the way to the dealers. I would call your dealer at the end of the week and get an update from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by odesutvs View Post
    It was great meeting all you guys this past weekend. The things that we are adding will fit the ones that we currently have now so you can upgrade those parts if you like. We appreciate all the help that you all have given us. As for murphy the last container arrived last week a lot of the units are on the way to the dealers. I would call your dealer at the end of the week and get an update from them.
    What is being added and how much will it cost to upgrade? And when will the upgraded ones be available?

Post Thanks / Like
    We do not have the prices for them just yet. I will keep everyone updated as soon as the upgrades come in.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are going to be the optional upgrades?

Post Thanks / Like
    We are going to have the exhaust, clutch, shocks, juice box among other things. That you will be able to purchase as upgrades.