Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: recoil a stator on hs800

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    recoil a stator on hs800

    i have send a stator to an alternator shop for recoilling (to gain more ampere)
    i send it 5 days ago and i receive it today
    i didn't have time to install it today so i will install it tomorrow and if it's work like i think that should mean we will have a great charging system

    the guys told me i should have over 10 ampere more so dual fan, hid light and even some winching will be normal use

    i will tell you the result tomorrow
    Nordik Motors NK800U 2012 light grey , Elka shocks, CVTECH clutch, ...............give me a chance guys it's brand new ........will add many thing but with the time .lol

  2. #2
    Sponsored Dealer Pro-Tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Elk River, MN
    Posts
    1,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume Lapointe View Post
    i have send a stator to an alternator shop for recoilling (to gain more ampere)
    i send it 5 days ago and i receive it today
    i didn't have time to install it today so i will install it tomorrow and if it's work like i think that should mean we will have a great charging system

    the guys told me i should have over 10 ampere more so dual fan, hid light and even some winching will be normal use

    i will tell you the result tomorrow
    Wow! 10 more amps that is great!
    But at what RPM are the quoting?
    Please do keep us informed of how it goes!

    Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Tech View Post
    Wow! 10 more amps that is great!
    But at what RPM are the quoting?
    Please do keep us informed of how it goes!
    i will answer all question tomorrow after testing all (volt, ampere, wich rpm/amp)
    stay tune, will be back after these messages lol
    Nordik Motors NK800U 2012 light grey , Elka shocks, CVTECH clutch, ...............give me a chance guys it's brand new ........will add many thing but with the time .lol

  4. #4
    Senior Member wyodlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cody Wyoming
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like
    That will require a regulator chnge too. Isn't the factory rectifier/regulator only rated at 18 amps?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wyodlr View Post
    That will require a regulator chnge too. Isn't the factory rectifier/regulator only rated at 18 amps?
    2 regulator in parallele = 36 amp or just a old style ford regulator (good up to 100 amp)
    Nordik Motors NK800U 2012 light grey , Elka shocks, CVTECH clutch, ...............give me a chance guys it's brand new ........will add many thing but with the time .lol

  6. #6
    Sponsored Dealer Pro-Tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Elk River, MN
    Posts
    1,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume Lapointe View Post
    i will answer all question tomorrow after testing all (volt, ampere, wich rpm/amp)
    stay tune, will be back after these messages lol
    We fast forward through the commercials sorry!
    Are you done yet?
    Are you done yet?

    Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    only what i can show for now left is recoil (bigger wire) right is brand new out of box

    Attachment 1434
    Last edited by Guillaume Lapointe; 07-17-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    Nordik Motors NK800U 2012 light grey , Elka shocks, CVTECH clutch, ...............give me a chance guys it's brand new ........will add many thing but with the time .lol

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok first test : fail......... it charge over 20 amp more but only at 4000 rpm or more and no charge at all at idle.....................i ship it to the shop and he will recoil with an intermediare wire size.........will have it monday so i wait................
    Nordik Motors NK800U 2012 light grey , Elka shocks, CVTECH clutch, ...............give me a chance guys it's brand new ........will add many thing but with the time .lol

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    second test : passed it almost not charge at idle (1300 rpm)
    but at 1600 rpm it can handle HID lights and fan (stay at 12.8v) ,
    at 2000 rpm it handle light, fan, 2 fog light and 13.2v
    i put a home made regulator for the test (i made it for a car) but i will put a ford old style regulator later

    maximum charge is 27 amp at 12.6v at 3900 rpm.....it's an improvement compare to the original.

    i notice nothing bad while testing, but i burn the regulator lol at first test (it'S why a put my home made regulator)
    i will looking to get even better (charging at idle) but i think it will be hard because the thin on stator (would like finding one thicker that i can put instead the chineese one)
    but it's working very well like that too.....

    now the test has done , i will do the same on mine now
    Attachment 1437Attachment 1438
    i
    Last edited by Guillaume Lapointe; 07-24-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    Nordik Motors NK800U 2012 light grey , Elka shocks, CVTECH clutch, ...............give me a chance guys it's brand new ........will add many thing but with the time .lol

  10. #10
    Sponsored Dealer kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greeley, IA
    Posts
    2,415
    Post Thanks / Like
    that sounds great! just dont sit and idle and you'll be fine!!

    Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

  11. #11
    Senior Member MADKAWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    664
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Put an odysey battery in months ago and I never have any problems..I went in a poker rally and my fan ran all day pretty much and I used my winch probably about 30 times...I have never had to do anything with that battery since I put it in...??

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADKAWI View Post
    I Put an odysey battery in months ago and I never have any problems..I went in a poker rally and my fan ran all day pretty much and I used my winch probably about 30 times...I have never had to do anything with that battery since I put it in...??
    with mine too i never had any problem but i recoiled a stator for a customer who use his fog light + fan + light (mandatory in canadian trail) .....but i will do in mine too

    and Kellymotorsports sure...when i start my nk800u it's not for necking with a girl loll so yeah sit and ride and all will be good
    Nordik Motors NK800U 2012 light grey , Elka shocks, CVTECH clutch, ...............give me a chance guys it's brand new ........will add many thing but with the time .lol

  13. #13
    Senior Member firecracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rockwood TN
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume Lapointe View Post
    2 regulator in parallele = 36 amp or just a old style ford regulator (good up to 100 amp)
    Could you show or explain if I replaced my Stock regulator with an Old Ford one how the wiring would go? Thanks
    2011 Hisun 800 Snorkeled,Spectre air filter,Hard doors,aluminum roof,EJK Fuel controller,LC-1 Wide-band, 4 LED gauge cluster,26" Rip Saws,Pro wheels,Sway-bars removed,Wheel spacers,Rear cage/bumper/spare holder,Rear Radiator,full alum skids,Fender Flares,Fan under seat,Pillow block ft.drive shaft,Reverse limiter switch,quick batt.charging,Po-Tech's auto type Alt.system,CV Tech clutches,G-Force belt,425 progressive Shocks,HID's,Glove box. still adding & spending.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    Could you show or explain if I replaced my Stock regulator with an Old Ford one how the wiring would go? Thanks
    in fact i just realize that i talked about Diode redressor but said voltage regulator.......... for connecting it's exactly like the original (3 a.c wire in ,1 positif out and 1 negatif outAttachment 1444
    Nordik Motors NK800U 2012 light grey , Elka shocks, CVTECH clutch, ...............give me a chance guys it's brand new ........will add many thing but with the time .lol

  15. #15
    Senior Member Slayr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northwestern Ontario
    Posts
    382
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not a regulator all your doing there is rectifying the AC voltage from the 3 phases stator to DC voltage
    My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayr View Post
    That's not a regulator all your doing there is rectifying the AC voltage from the 3 phases stator to DC voltage
    exact and it's all you need ..and sorry for my poor language i'm french and always searching my word
    Nordik Motors NK800U 2012 light grey , Elka shocks, CVTECH clutch, ...............give me a chance guys it's brand new ........will add many thing but with the time .lol

  17. #17
    Senior Member Slayr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northwestern Ontario
    Posts
    382
    Post Thanks / Like
    You still need a regulator in the circuit that stator can put out up to 30 volts and batteries and light bulbs don't like that much voltage!
    My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them

  18. #18
    Member whwindom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, Guillaume, That's ok, your English is as good as SOME people who've spoke it their entire lives. Besides, it's great that you even bother to try. I don't understand some of the subjects you are discussing with some of the fellas on here, but seems they do. aIn any case, I think it's great that you are. I do end up learning something from the discussion. Thanks!

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayr View Post
    You still need a regulator in the circuit that stator can put out up to 30 volts and batteries and light bulbs don't like that much voltage!
    like i said on the beginning of this post you can put 2 regulator in paralelle or take a regulator from another machine or if you are ok with electronic you can fabric one with zener diode (for regulate) and 6 diode for redressing and a nice heat sink to cool down . i will make another post with parts and shema for those who want to built one.........cheap, solid and not limit to 18 amp
    it's my speciality (electronic) i've work electronic on car since 24 year and i have developped some technical bulletin for Kia and Hyunday
    Last edited by Guillaume Lapointe; 08-01-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    Nordik Motors NK800U 2012 light grey , Elka shocks, CVTECH clutch, ...............give me a chance guys it's brand new ........will add many thing but with the time .lol

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by whwindom View Post
    LOL, Guillaume, That's ok, your English is as good as SOME people who've spoke it their entire lives. Besides, it's great that you even bother to try. I don't understand some of the subjects you are discussing with some of the fellas on here, but seems they do. aIn any case, I think it's great that you are. I do end up learning something from the discussion. Thanks!
    thx it's appreciate
    Nordik Motors NK800U 2012 light grey , Elka shocks, CVTECH clutch, ...............give me a chance guys it's brand new ........will add many thing but with the time .lol

  21. #21
    Senior Member Slayr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northwestern Ontario
    Posts
    382
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are very correct I see we have very similar training and back grounds keep up the great work and keep us informed.
    My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayr View Post
    You are very correct I see we have very similar training and back grounds keep up the great work and keep us informed.
    Thx so much (just hope it was for me lol)
    Nordik Motors NK800U 2012 light grey , Elka shocks, CVTECH clutch, ...............give me a chance guys it's brand new ........will add many thing but with the time .lol

  23. #23
    Senior Member MADKAWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    664
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have any info on what voltage amps etc the 2013 model puts out now. I heard its much higher than previous model hisun 800's????

    some charging specs would be nice. And also does anyone remember that mod where u run a wire from your voltage regulator to the battery n get 1 more full volt or u eliminate a diode or something??
    i can't seem t find that thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •