Thread: Massimo 500/700 advice

Post Thanks / Like

Massimo 500/700 advice

I posted in the new member forum but thought I would post here too. I am looking at the Massimo 500/700 could i please get some advice as to whether these are good machines or not. They look nice but i want to make sure I am not wasting money. We will be using it around our small farm and for hunting. How does the unit hold up, is it easy to get parts, has anyone used it for hunting, what kind of terrain will it handle and would you buy it again or spend the extra money on a polaris, yamaha or honda?

Thanks, Chris

2. Likes shamus liked this post
    Sponsored Dealer MoorePowerSports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris,

Welcome to the forum! I have been selling the Massimo UTV's for a year now with really good luck. The Massimo UTV's are manufactured by hisun and are literally the same machine as many other companies are selling, save for a few options that may be slightly different. Bennche, q-link, Supermach, etc are all the same machine with different stickers on them. However... do a little homework and you will find that Massimo comes with a one year parts and labor warranty on most of the machine. Some of the competition does not cover labor in their warranty and the duration may not be as long.

Pros:
    - Priced right compared to the "Name Brands"
    - Clean welds, good plating on hardware, good quality hardware, nice thick body panels
    - Lots of friendly people on this forum to help with any questions you may have
    - New machines come loaded with options that would cost you at least 1K on a "Name Brand" machine
    - Good looking capable machines!
    - Parts are available from a variety of sources since so many distributors import the Hisun machines
    - Many parts are even interchangeable with the Yamaha Rhino

Cons:
    - Little stuff like cheap rubber takes away from the overall quality of the machine in my opinion. (not enough to pay $4,000 more for a yamaha though!)
    - Dealer setup is crucial to a smooth running machine. A good dealer will put some hours into a new machine double checking electrical connections and changing fluids, etc.
    - Common to have cosmetic blemishes on new machines associated with being shipped half way around the world
    - Folding windshield seam is at eye level... i personally would toss the windshield in the corner of the garage and go with an aftermarket yamaha unit, or run without it.

Lets be honest... they are cheaper than a Yam/Pol/Can-Am for a reason... but not in such a way that they are no good. My best advice would be to go to a dealer and sit in a new machine, look under the hood, put your hands on it and get a feel for what you are buying. There are many satisfied customers on here... and a few with some nightmare stories, just like any other brand.

Personally I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Hisun 500/700 over a new yamaha rhino any day of the week!
    Moore Power Sports, LLC
    Malone, NY 12953
    (518) 483-3330
    www.moorepowersports.com
    Facebook link - www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Moo...s/343271652576

Sponsored Dealer 231 Motorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    100% agree with that
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)683-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

5. Likes kelleymotorsports liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very well put!!
    Like 231, I agree 100%

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 500 and have ridden it for five hundred miles now, with only one small hiccup. I have been on trail rides with Rhinos, Hondas, even a Terex Massimo has kept up, even in some ways outperformed the others. I parked beside the Rhino, me and the owner of it removed every piece of plastic that was not bolted and a few that were. I could have taken every part on his save the engine 500 his a bit larger 660 but even the end links on the sway bars are nearly identical. I have hauled Gravel, dirt, sand, kids, wives, wood. Pulled several large trees last storm that came through. All in all best investment I ever made. I don't like the windshield, but thats a small fix. The only other thing I do not like is the Reverse limiter, but as someone else said this forum is full of very helpful folks for just such delimas, and with one clip and a toggle switch that is fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't mind me asking......what was that small hiccup? And how much did it cost you to fix? Was it easy getting parts (if you needed them)?

Thanks

Sponsored Dealer 231 Motorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parts are easy to get from any of the dealers on the forum , as well as numerous other places .
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)683-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    The oring on the oil cooler blew out, it didn't cost me anything. Massimo stood by the machine 100 percent. I caught it before all the oil came out, I was a little bit concerned about future use though. I talked to my service guy, he called Massimo they told him to bring it in tear it down check it out top to bottom if it was broke fix it. If I had the option right now, and Yamaha was giving a Rhino to me, or Massimo was giving me a Hisun...I would take the Massimo. Parts are nothing to get really every its not really a different machine its more compared to buying a GMC over a Chevrolet, yes they have a different name but 99 % of the parts are the same probably made in same building. If you buy it make sure you go over it and check all the bolts that are obvious, thats just good idea no matter what brand you have. Keep oil changed, wash it often to keep an eye out for any problems, if you maintain the machine it will last for years.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not 100 percent sure but I think Massimo is the only company that sells the machine that gives a full one year warranty on the labor as well as most of the parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Qlink also has a 1 year warranty

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2012 700 and dearly love my machine- 4 weeks now and over 700 miles on it- K&N air filter kit which removes the stock airbox, that is all I have done. Ride with Rhino's, Rzr's all the time- wont of course keep up with a Rzr but go where I want, when I want. I hillclimb and old dirt roads, etc. Great machine for the price and for that matter- great machine period.
    My two cents for what it is worth

As always Happy and SAFE ridinig to all

Sponsored Dealer Team Jar MotorSports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wvhillclimber View Post
    I have a 2012 700 and dearly love my machine- 4 weeks now and over 700 miles on it- K&N air filter kit which removes the stock airbox, that is all I have done. Ride with Rhino's, Rzr's all the time- wont of course keep up with a Rzr but go where I want, when I want. I hillclimb and old dirt roads, etc. Great machine for the price and for that matter- great machine period.
    My two cents for what it is worth

As always Happy and SAFE ridinig to all
    Which K&N filter kit did you put on it? Was it a cold air kit? Any performance difference? Pics, gatt a have pics.

Team Jar Motorsports
    Web: www.teamjar.com
    Arizona
    Phone: Office, 602 721-5206

Sponsored Dealer kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mike, here is the k&n i have found to work. dont mind the unfinished website, just working on a parts site....again....

http://shop.kelleymotorsports.com/in...products_id=86

there should be additional images showing it on the ODES unit. FYI
    Last edited by kelleymotorsports; 08-07-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelleymotorsports View Post
    mike, here is the k&n i have found to work. dont mind the unfinished website, just working on a parts site....again....

http://shop.kelleymotorsports.com/in...products_id=86

there should be additional images showing it on the ODES unit. FYI
    So your taking the air box off the 700 and installing that filter?

Team Jar Motorsports
    Arizona

Post Thanks / Like
    no thats for the odes sorry, here is the k&n for the rhino

http://www.knfilters.com/news/news.aspx?ID=226

YA-6504

wayyyy to much money.

i really think they are overrated but everyone has their own opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats why I was asking wvhillclimber, he said he removed the air box and put in a kit. Wondering which kit and how it turned out.

Team Jar Motorsports
    Arizona

Post Thanks / Like
    ya, and thats where i got the idea of the one i showed you first. that would fit directly to the throttle body just like the odes

Post Thanks / Like
    So that cylindrical K&N is the one to get? I am purchasing a new Massimo 500 EFI and am going to change that before I even start riding. Is that still the right part for the 500 or is it a different number?

Thanks,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    the ya-6504 will work but i think you're wasting money...just my opinion! i would purchase the uni filter that is waaayyy cheaper. use the original cage and put the uni filter on it. oil it up as well to trap the dirt. if you need one give me a call. they are on hand.

i added the uni to the site if you would like to purchase it

http://shop.kelleymotorsports.com/in...products_id=92
    Last edited by kelleymotorsports; 08-10-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelleymotorsports View Post
    the ya-6504 will work but i think you're wasting money...just my opinion! i would purchase the uni filter that is waaayyy cheaper. use the original cage and put the uni filter on it. oil it up as well to trap the dirt. if you need one give me a call. they are on hand.

i added the uni to the site if you would like to purchase it

http://shop.kelleymotorsports.com/in...products_id=92
    So is the UNI Filter just replacing the stock element or does the stock airbox need to be removed?

Have a new HiSun 700 that should be delivered this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    the uni filter utilizes the stock box and stock air filter cage and the uni filter goes on the existing filter cage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the delay on what part I used- I have been away on business
    This is what I installed on my 700 and works great
    K&N
    Other Part Number: KNN-63-1119 Manufacturer Part Number: 63-1119 Hope this helps

wvhillclimber

Post Thanks / Like

My Massimo MSU 500

I have just under 2000 Miles, on my Massimo MSU 500 sense September 2012.