+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Massimo 1100

Sponsored Dealer Team Jar MotorSports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Massimo 1100

Looks like we lost the Massimo 1100 thread that was here before. Or at least I can't find it. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you guys that have/had one have any comments.....good, bad, or indifferent. I was thinking about getting one and was wondering how they have been doing.

Team Jar Motorsports
    Web: www.teamjar.com
    Arizona
    Phone: Office, 602 721-5206

Post Thanks / Like
    We just ordered one and it should be here Thursday, Ill let you know what its like when we get it in and look it over!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had my 1100 almost 2 weeks now and 175 miles loving it so far. Great power and ground clearance .
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have a cvt belt cross reference for the 1100? I would just like to have a spare
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else running a Massimo 1100? I've had mine almost 2 months now and have just over 700 miles on it.
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    Adam from Kelly motorsports has one. I asked him last week how he likes it he never replied to my post. how do you like yours? any bad things.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it a lot great power. A couple little noises but got them taken care of. The springs are a little stiff when running empty but ok with a load. The clearance is great I can get over spots my 800 used to high center. It has impressed a few around here , now they are thinking of getting one.
    2013 MSU-1100

Sponsored Dealer
    Post Thanks / Like
    We sold one...great work machine. Had to replace ECU with updated one because of a check engine light coming on. Door latches are junk but I guess they come with aluminum handles now. ITS BIG. Drive clutches and belt are out in the open so if your in any water your slippen. Shifting is difficult at times and it WILL NOT come out of park if your on any sort of incline. Winch failed on customer the first time he used it. And last but not least it took forever to get parts from Massimo-thank god it was a patient customer and it wasn't anything major-machine was still ride able.

Redline Sport and Marine Inc.
    Sales, Parts, and Service-All Makes and Models
    906-563-1450 Norway MI 715-696-6789 Spread Eagle WI redline.motorsports@hotmail.com

Sponsored Dealer kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry been looking on my phone and hate typing on there. i have the same thoughts as jared at redline.

we seem to have some vibration at some rpm with ours nothing serious but its present. handles have been changed but mine broke with the plastic ones. ecu seems to have fixed our problems, seats sit a little funny as in maybe too straight up, very torqy, nice power, power steering is very nice, no windshield yet sucks jared i believe used a ranger front and back window with some cutting. big big and big. great ground clearance

Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still looking for a cvt belt number or cross reference for the 1100 . I can't read the numbers on mine.
    2013 MSU-1100

Sponsored Dealer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing to add is that the lower timing belt pulley are wide open to the elements- I would hate to see some mud get jammed up in there and knock off the timing belt. We are looking at building some sort of guard. We are building a plate to install(bolts) over flywheel area-its not 100% waterproof but it will keep mud out of the clutch area. If anyone needs one let me know.

Redline Sport and Marine Inc.
    Sales, Parts, and Service-All Makes and Models
    906-563-1450 Norway MI 715-696-6789 Spread Eagle WI redline.motorsports@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys the clutch went out in my Massimo after less than 30 miles. Massimo is refusing to replace it for us, so do you know of any places to order a clutch for the 1100? Im having a really hard time finding one, even on their website. I heard something about a mud clutch. Any links?

Post Thanks / Like
    what went out on the clutch? the cvt is a cv-tech setup
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    the internal wet clutch failed. when we removed it, the clutch facings were ate completely up.

Sponsored Dealer 231 Motorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't aware the 1100 had a wet clutch
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)683-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    any pics of the wet clutch?
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    this is what it looks like.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MANCO-TALON-...c6cd8d&vxp=mtr

that is identical from what i can remember. its actually my step dads, im just helping him fix it. it might actually be a 700 now that i think about it.

Sponsored Dealer 231 Motorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    its a 700 , or 500 , the wet clutch is on the driver side of the engine if that is the case . The clutch , and drum need to be replaced at the same time.
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)683-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

+ Reply to Thread