Thread: Linhai bighorn 28 owner

Post Thanks / Like

Linhai bighorn 28 owner

I am a new owner of a Linhai bighorn 28 . I have only owned yamaha quads , so this was a little bit of a unkown. I have put on 200kms so far and all is great. Looks like this could be a winner , only time will tell. The only complaint is that the clutching needs work . Does anybody else have experience with this machine and what mods have you done.

Super Moderator IronRangeWheelers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to RhinoClones.

I know most of our posts are referring to Hisun Products but with given
    Time more brands will make there way here. But for
    Now hope someone can give you a hand.

Happy riding.

IRW

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you . I think these might really take off in the mid size utv class . There is already five dealers in two hundred mile radius . Me and the family went to the cabin for the long weekend and gave it a good test drive. I could not keep my wife and daughter off it lol . My highlite of weekend was my dad getting stuck in a mud hole in his can-am and the bighorn cruised right threw. Wish I had a camera. The clutching needs work . I think the primary weights are to heavy causing it up shift to much , kinda bogs down on hills . Was reading up on a company called dr pulley they might have the answer.

Super Moderator IronRangeWheelers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I JUST got a linhai bighorn 28, white and took it for a trail ride in a lot of melting snow and mud and it did well. Got it stuck right away when I drove it onto a snowbank - in 2wd by accident - buried to the axles. After that I made sure I had 4wd on and it did fine. My 2 little boys 4 and 5 LOVE it! Looking forward to a lot more riding on the Linhai - it looks a lot like a rhino and has great build quality but costs of course a lot less. And it is not a straight clone, most of it is Linhai's IP or older patents - Linhais looks a LOT like polaris when it comes to the suspension and drive systems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dpruden,

I heard the clutches are weak. Linhai Canada does apparently have aftermarket clutches for them. Other than that there shouldn't be any problems with it.

I installed a 3500lb winch on mine. A dealer in Alberta makes custom aluminium bumpers for the winch setup and I have that bolted on.

Went for a ride with a friend with a CanAm, he was very impressed with the Linhai. We each had a turn towing the other out. The CanAm 1000 Commander is a beast and can rip it up, but it is also very heavy, is wider and longer and the Linhai surprised with its agility and ability. You could also buy a LOT of clutches for the price difference!

CanAm = $18,000 CDN
    Linhai BH 28 = $8,7000 CDN + winch and bumper