Thread: new from ky

Post Thanks / Like

new from ky

Guys new from north eastern ky looking to buy a new ride. Trying to find a good deal or best place around to buy one dont care to travel a little ways butwant to make sure getting a good deal. There is a guy local or well in huntington WV. But have seen other places and check and see if there was any other dealers that have good deals or just good t o deal with. Looking at east of lexinton even toward cinci. Ohio or columbus ohio or over in WV.. just want to shop around first.
    From looking around these seem like pretty solid rides.
    Im just waiting to sell my harley, figure could use a side by side over harley make a family time with my little girl, and wife.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and Welcome to the forum!
    You won't find much more fun than out 4wheeling with your children, Oh ya and your wife! My bad!
    Checkout the Sponsored dealer area to see if there are any dealers near you

Again Welcome!

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Sponsored Dealer kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the forum. i'm a ways away so not much help to you unless you want to make the drive!

Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

Sponsored Dealer 231 Motorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome , we are in southern indiana , give us a call if theres anything we can help with.
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)683-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. So my big question is im looking at these and going to get the rhino clone, the 500 and 700 whats the better machine?? Ive heard issues with the 700 and 500, and there is a price difference i was thinking the 500 would be plenty for the riding i do, but afraid i might run into a issue of power on hills and people with atvs being able to just run off and leave me.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 500 and 700 have the same top end speed. Most I have had will run in the 45-52 range. Most people will find the 500 will go anywhere they want , and some places they don't. I can tell you with approx. 400lbs of cargo(occupants,and gear) you can get one in a bind on a steep (very steep) grade and want a little more power. there is close to 10 hp difference between the two. I say ride them both , and see for yourself.
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)683-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering cause, i found a 500 for sale thats used said it was a demo has 300 miles for 4500, and that sounds like a really good deal. I dont really plan on hill climming, those years are done and figure if its bad they have winches, lol just want to make sure i m going to be able to still enjoy my self, and most places i ride theres hills but,theres uaually a nother way around to.

Post Thanks / Like
    well as u can see i am a newbie to but i will give u my 2cnt worth never be underpowered no replacement for displacement

Post Thanks / Like
    spend the money once. had several customers regret a 500 but yet several happy

Post Thanks / Like
    True very true..

Post Thanks / Like
    It all depends on what YOU need. I am quite happy with my 500 (which tops out around 35mph btw) but sometimes I the kid in me wants more speed, then these old previously broken bones tell me 35 is just fine! I get a lot of hauling around the property done and have never felt a real lack of power, but everyone is different. Drive 'em both (hard) and see what you feel. A man's gut instinct is usually more accurate that any survey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker33 View Post
    It all depends on what YOU need. I am quite happy with my 500 (which tops out around 35mph btw) but sometimes I the kid in me wants more speed, then these old previously broken bones tell me 35 is just fine! I get a lot of hauling around the property done and have never felt a real lack of power, but everyone is different. Drive 'em both (hard) and see what you feel. A man's gut instinct is usually more accurate that any survey.
    My demo will actually run 32 in low range, Is yours hitting rev limit , or just not throttling that far?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen our 500 hit 46 or 48mph....

Post Thanks / Like
    i would check your throttle cable to make sure you are opening your butterfly all the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your weather is a little milder then it is at times here in central Indiana but if you want to ride when it gets cold consider a heated garage or the 500 cc because I understand some have had trouble starting the 700 cc when very cold.
    Heck, about a week ago I wondered if my 500 would start but it did with a little persistence.
    2010 supermach 500cc black

Post Thanks / Like
    35 is the most I can get, is it the efi? I'm a rider, not much with the wrench but if I know what to look for I'm not afraid to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    just remove the intake pipe and make sure the throttle is opening up all the way. if not adjust the adjuster where shown. does your gas pedal have some play in it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I never noticed much play, but it's always been that way, so I wouldn't notice. I will check that tomorrow if the rain stops! (No shop)
    Thanks for your help, It seems even when I don't know I have a problem, I have a problem!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really a problem but a restriction lol!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the rain stopped and it is supposed to be near 50 today (in January!), so after I hang a door or two in the house I might get to check that throttle cable. I'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I'd like to have a 700, I think I'm going to go take a look at the 500 I found. Guy has a really good deal on it, and I'm trying to save money right now for a house so would be there better RESPONSEABLE thing to do. Dang being response able..
    I think that it will be enough for what it want to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with whatever you decide. As you can see this site is full of great guys with lots of help!

Super Moderator IronRangeWheelers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    good luck with what ever you buy..

Post Thanks / Like
    Get the 700. Think of the fact that you’re not spending 15k on a Yamaha Rhino as you already being RESPONSIBLE. That's what I did, and I definitely don't regret it.
    <"({})><